The top legislative issue facing our school — and schools across the state — is the class size mandate passed by the General Assembly without additional funds for teachers or facilities. Morrisville’s PTA recently passed a resolution opposing the unfunded mandate and urging the General Assembly to find a solution.
Watch our newsletters and this space for more information about Class Size Chaos.
- NCPTA’s webinar on Class Size Chaos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dLBGcmsxP0&feature=youtu.be.
- Slides from the NCPTA webinar: Class Size Chaos Webinar
- A new website with background and resources: http://saveourschoolsnc.org/
- A sample letter to send to legislators
Actions You Can Take
- Sign the online petition organized by Public Schools First NC: http://www.publicschoolsfirstnc.org/engage/tell-the-ncga-to-solve-classsizechaos-now/
- Send an email or letter to your legislator. You can find your legislator and contact information at: https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/representation/WhoRepresentsMe.aspx A sample letter is included in the resources above.
- Wear #red4ed on Wednesdays and post photos on social media.